Easy Weeknight Quiche
Fromagerie Guilloteau a French specialty cheese producer, recently announced the re-design and new label for its top-selling cheese line Fromager d’Affinois and were kind enough to send me three of their brie-centric cheeses: Saint Angel, Fromager d’Affinois Bleu and Fromager d'Affinois. Every cheese was ultra-creamy and had an almost butter-like texture which made them each perfect for spreading on bread or crackers and easily melted into any recipe.
The more I learned about Fromagerie Guilloteau cheeses the more I appreciated their backstory. Fromagerie Guilloteau is a family-owned business with two production sites located in the southeast part of France, near the Alps. They work with over 100 local milk producers, most with an average cattle herd of around 50. In addition to producing amazing tasting cheese the company is also a huge contributor to their local economy. Recently Fromagerie Guilloteau created more than 200 jobs for individuals in the Rhône-Alpes region.
I created a few different recipes using the Fromagerie Guilloteau cheeses but this quiche was by far my favorite and the perfect throw together recipe for an easy weeknight meal. One of my favorite things about quiche is that they look beautiful no matter what ingredients are in there and it’s a meal to that helps to clean out your fridge! Taste Tester #1 is a huge advocate of reducing food waste and since we’ve been living together I’ve worked really hard to come up with new ways to use up the vegetables and leftovers before they spoil. This quiche is perfect for that!
- 5 eggs
- ¾ cup skim milk
- 1 frozen pie crust
- 2 Trader Joe’s sundried tomato chicken sausages
- 1 onion
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- ½ red pepper
- 3 oz. Fromager d’Affinois Bleu cheese
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Set out pie crust for a least an hour at room temperature to defrost or overnight in the fridge
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, rosemary, thyme and salt and pepper
- Chop up the red pepper and chicken sausage and sauté on medium for 5 minutes until peppers are soft and sausage slightly browned
- Sautee onions on low heat in butter until soft and then add balsamic vinegar and cook until reduced and coats the onions completely
- Place pie crust in a pie dish and add half of all ingredients (red pepper, chicken sausage, onions, Fromager d’Affinois Bleu cheese) and pour over half of egg mixture, top with rest of ingredients and pour remaining egg mixture
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until quiche is set
- Let cool and set for 10 minutes