Fish Tacos with Homemade Mango Salsa
Lately I've been using a lot of fruit in my homemade dishes because soon it will be fall (it may already be but I'm pretending it isn't yet) and we'll be stuck back with our faithful friends, the apple, the orange, and the banana. Now, where there is nothing wrong with these tasty fruits, I've been trying to send summer out with a bang and this means lots of salads with strawberries, tons of smoothies, and of course my famous (as it's known in my office) mango salsa! I'm constantly working on ways to improve my fish tacos and after several tries I've come up with the perfect recipe and now everyone will have a chance to make them!
- Corn tortillas (10)
- Cotija or feta cheese
- Shredded Cabbage (just use a prepared coleslaw-type mix)
- Tilapia, Cod, or Mahi Mahi (4 filets)
- 1 tbs cumin
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tbs mayo
- 1 minced chipotle in adobo sauce
- 1 tbs of sauce from the adobo sauce
- 2 ripe mangos
- 1/2 large red pepper
- 1/4 large red onion
- 2 tbs honey
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all the seasonings together in a small bowl
- Coat your filets with a bit of EVOO and rub with your spice mix
- Pop it in a pan on medium heat for about 2-3 minutes a side depending on how thick your filets are, the thicker they are, the longer they'll need
- Once the fish is down, set it aside, don't worry about it cooling off, it won't affect the taste!
- Mix mayo, chipotle pepper and sauce in a bowl (give the lime just a quick squeeze into the sauce)
- Peel and cube the mango using a sharp knife or a peeler, and mince the red pepper, red onion, and jalapeno into fairly small pieces
- Place the salsa in the fridge overnight, the flavors will all meld together!
- First, warm the tortillas together wrapped in tinfoil in the oven at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes. Then spread the crema onto the warmed tortillas and layer with the fish, cabbage, mango salsa, and a sprinkle of the cotija cheese. Wrap it all up and get ready to taste the most amazing taco EVER!
[jetpack_subscription_form title="Subscribe to Beyond ExpecTASTEtions" subscribe_text="If you liked this post and want to see more sign-up to get updates!" subscribe_button="Sign Me Up" show_subscribers_total="0"]