Coconut Shrimp Salad Wontons
Are there ever times when you are craving three different things at one time? This happened to me the other night and I decided to create a recipe that combined three of my favorite things: coconut shrimp, lobster rolls, and wontons! I had a bunch of leftover wonton wrappers in my fridge from a recipe I had made over the weekend and wanted to find a way to utilize them while also satisfying my craving for coconut shrimp and a lobster roll. Thus, the coconut shrimp salad wonton was born! This tasty treat combines the creaminess of a lobster roll with the sweet crunch of toasted coconut. Taster Tester #1 and I each ate five for a meal, but you can also utilize these for appetizers as well.
- 10 wonton wrappers
- 25 raw, peeled and deveined shrimp (big fan of Costco’s!)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of low-fat mayo
- 1 tsp yellow curry powder
- ½ cup toasted coconut
- ½ cup chopped mango
- ¼ cup diced red pepper
- ½ large avocado
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, spray a muffin/cupcake pan with cooking spray and place wonton wrappers in muffin/cupcake indentations and spray again with cooking spray. Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden brown and crisp
- Heat tablespoon of olive oil in pan on medium heat and add shrimp. Cook shrimp for about a minute on first side and 30 seconds on the other. Remove shrimp and roughly chop into small pieces.
- Add coconut to same pan and heat until golden brown
- Mix Greek yogurt, mayo and curry powder in a medium bowl
- Chop mango, avocado and red pepper into a medium dice
- Add chopped shrimp, mango, avocado and red pepper together to medium bowl with yogurt and mayo mixture
- Fill wonton cups with coconut shrimp salad mixture and sprinkle with toasted coconut
*Recipe makes 10 cups, and can easily be doubled or tripled for a crowd!
[jetpack_subscription_form title="Subscribe to Beyond ExpecTASTEtions" subscribe_text="If you liked this post and want to see more sign-up to get updates!" subscribe_button="Sign Me Up" show_subscribers_total="0"]